Shipping High Value Items
Shipping high value items does not have to be a nerve-racking experience. High value items are not always measured by the cash value but by the irreplaceable sentiment the item may have. Whether you are shipping valuable artwork, one-of-a-kind furniture or priceless antiques, there is a network of drivers that will ensure your items are treated properly and arrive safely. Here are a few tips in shipping high value items to make sure they arrive safely at their destination.
Picking a Driver
The best and most reliable option when shipping high value items is to contract with a company that can offer an exclusive vehicle from door to door. Without an exclusive vehicle the item could end up stolen, lost or damaged in transit due to frequent unloading and reloading. Contracting with an exclusive vehicle and driver allows more control over where and when the item is picked up and how often it is moved. If this item cannot be replaced by money then hiring a specific driver who you deal with directly is the way to go.
Shipping Questions for High Value Items
- Do you guarantee delivery before the end of the business day?
- What happens if the item is going to be late and no one will be there to accept the container?
- Can you handle the specific size, weight and type of the container I have?
- What is the insurance costs and who is going to carry that insurance on the item?
- Are there any risks not covered by the shipping insurance?
- How and when will you be notified of the delivery?
- What happens if the recipients are not at the delivery address?
- Check with your driver to see if they offer optional GPS tracking that supplies real live tracing on a direct basis.
Picking a Shipping Container
- Use an appropriate sized container. Choose a container with plenty of space for your packing material that goes around contents of the container.
- Be sure that your container is durable enough for the item that you are shipping. Do not use flimsy boxes that can be ripped or crushed easily.
- Do not wrap your container with rope or in paper. The rope can get caught and the paper can rip and slip.
- Be sure to attach a label with the shippers address, phone number, and the address the container is being shipped to. Additionally enclose this information with the shipment so the receiver has all of the same information in case of questions after delivery.
Shipping High Value Items Best Practices
The right combination of planning, processes, contract language, packaging, and monitoring helps ensure high value items reach their final destinations. Shipperoo drivers can offer a variety of services which includes: dedicated truck, shipping on weekends and holidays, and additional services a regular shipping company may not offer or may offer at a much higher price.
First, and most important, you can use Shipperoo anywhere. Are you at an auction house or estate sale? It makes no difference to us. Shipperoo is here whenever and where ever you need it. Learn more and sign up today at Shipperoo.com.